Presence and Concentration/Focus

I have tried to find some relevant articles before writing this topic, but, as I am not a social scientist, the search was in vain. So I will just speak about my experiences in this case.

I think presence, in general, is very related to concentration. It resembles continuous focusing on environment and self, in a milder strength than what usually thought about focusing. I came to this conclusion from two reasons, the first one is whenever I focus on something, like an important exam, before and after that thing my presence and overall concentration lowers drastically. I can even say that I simply wander around in a dumb state. It is like analyzing the environment has some budget and I simply save that for the upcoming event. When the event is gone, in addition to presence loss, I simply fall into emotional breakdowns as well. I am not that emotional in normal times, as I can suppress some silly thoughts from overcoming my brain.

The second reason is when I succeed to improve my focusing/concentrating ability even a bit, my presence and overall awareness of my environment also increases. It is simply an ability to use brain more efficiently. Even the backlash of focusing before and after diminishes in some degree, albeit still a dangerous one. From these facts, I came to the conclusion that presence and overall awareness of the environment are closely related to the ability to concentrate and focus.

Knowing these, I suggest that almost never using focusing and always being aware of the environment is much better than simply determining significant tasks and solely overcoming them. You might successfully pass an exam, yes, but you will miss many opportunities before and after that exam, and got less experience from what you live through.




Comments

Popular Posts