Stomach upsets regarding stressful events

Everyone experiences many kinds of stomach problems throughout their lifetime, seldom or frequent.
If you are about to enter a significant examination, interview or in general feeling incompetent and unstable, your stomach may cause distress starting from nausea and hiccups to may be, and unfortunately, real illnesses. Of course in any kind of such distresses a medical help should be sought. However, there is also afterward:
I, years ago, was diagnosed for pangastritis and duodenitis, an irritation of upper gastrointestinal system. Diets and medication were offered and I closely followed them for one month. When I cut the proton pump inhibitor, on that day almost down to my lower intestines all my system was burnt. "Now I really don't expect any bacteria can still be alive to cause any more problems" was my reaction. I changed some of my dietary habits, completely cut acidified/carbonated drinks, coffee, chocolate, and many fatty and spicy food. However, I collected real benefits after I started to more efficiently chew the foods, drink water more frequently and sufficiently and never eating food at least 2 hours through the sleep.
I, then, rarely experienced similar symptoms, once I was really afraid of them. In general, milder sicknesses like nausea found me on stressed occasions or severe disappointments, mostly after a couple of hours from them but the timing was more accurate with the vehemence of the sadness of the situation. Then I started to think that it is like a cycle, and even though you feel completely good and all the cause of stresses disappeared, both in your life and in your mind, you may start to feel the previous sadness' effect on the body. At those times, panicking and getting medication does not help, only meditating and convincing your subconsciousness about how safe you are now are real solutions. And being able to do it require sincerity and complete control over emotions.
A very critical tool to struggle against these problems, suggested by my advisor a while ago, distancing yourself from the situation and thinking " what is my best available move, now?" instead of whining, blaming or fearing. Clear time management with also diligence removes most of the stresses as well.
Life is not an easy game, not all the time your outcome is dictated by how good you are, the reality is, whatever any person says, very complicated. Targeting something, working to achieve that, struggling, fighting are all something to be respected. However, they should certainly be followed by acceptance of the result and acting accordingly next time, instead of entering into rootless imaginations of success stories and being miserable after a failure. Remember how you learned to walk, it was more like learning all kinds of failing before doing it the right way. These conscious thoughts over one's life will relieve both the stresses and related sicknesses, like stomach problems.

Comments

Popular Posts