Solution to all interpersonal problems

Our brain first analyzes the environment, then synthesize it with previously known information and decide about an action to accomplish its current objective.
Synthesize part is important, with the degree of hallucination one can even sense the entirely incorrect environment, just consider the time after a couple of sleepless night, dreaming on your foot.

Same for social relations, you get a bit of knowledge from others, then in order to make a meaning over it, you just complete entire image all by yourselves. A self-example: Once I was told by my advisor that I will go to USA for M.Sc., Ph.D. works. After hearing that, it occurred to me that I was unwanted there, with many other bits of details. Another one is once I have said to my advisor that I am looking for a job, needing money while doing M.Sc. I have listened to a world of advice about considering other research areas, jobs, making a holiday of months etc. That was just purely for economic reasons for me, I never wanted to work in the private sector nor in governmental agencies. Not only the advisor got me wrong that, but I also misunderstood things and criticize it as I was seen incapable as a scientist.
Gaps of information in communication lead to these utterly biased and most of the time incorrect conclusions, and ruins our social life. Just be mindful of full information chain for assuming s.o. do sth about you, think/say sth about you etc.

Comments

Popular Posts